Kitchen fire on Huffman Avenue in Dayton. (WDTN Photo)
Expect the skies over Dayton to become crowded the next couple …
Dayton Sgt. Matthew Dickey told 2 NEWS the suspect shot the …
"I was going to get raped or I was going to be hurt," says …
As the game goes on, nearby businesses are counting the money …
Updated: Tuesday, 02 Oct 2012, 9:15 PM EDT
Published : Tuesday, 02 Oct 2012, 9:14 PM EDT
DAYTON, Ohio (WDTN) - Quick response from firefighters prevented flames from spreading through a Dayton home Tuesday evening.
Crews rushed to Huffman Avenue around 7:00 pm. Officials say the fire started in the kitchen after someone put food on the stove and left the house.
Neighbors saw smoke and called 911 then helped firefighters get to the right location
"The people that live actually at 1042 Huffman, were outside pointing us around to the alley. That's how we made access to the 1040 residence which was the fire residence," said Rennes Bowers, District Fire Chief, East District.
Officials say damage to the kitchen area is estimated at $5,000.
No one was hurt.