Updated: Friday, 22 Mar 2013, 7:25 PM EDT
Published : Friday, 22 Mar 2013, 9:32 AM EDT
SOUTH BEND, Ind. (AP) — Demolition crews have torn down two of the three South Bend homes that were struck when a small jet smashed into them, killing two men aboard the airplane.
WSBT-TV reports (http://bit.ly/XviWDb ) it took a private contractor 90 minutes to knock down the homes about a half-mile from South Bend Regional Airport. The crew said they'll likely work through the weekend to clear the debris from the homes that were struck Sunday by the plane.
Firefighters went through both homes earlier this week trying to salvage valuables. The owner of the third home, 84-year-old Frank Frank Sojka (SOI-ka) says he doesn't know yet if the house he's lived in for 55 years will have to be demolished.
Mental health volunteers were in the neighborhood Friday seeing how people are coping.
Information from: WSBT-TV, http://www.wsbt.com/