Updated: Wednesday, 13 Mar 2013, 6:29 AM EDT
Published : Wednesday, 13 Mar 2013, 6:29 AM EDT
MUNCIE, Ind. (AP) — A central Indiana man is seeking $700,000 from the city of Muncie, alleging he suffered "extreme pain and suffering" when officers questioned him for several minutes after he had been shot.
Kyle Stephen Buckner's tort claim says officers detained and questioned him after he was shot in the abdomen Sept. 12 while sitting in his vehicle outside a Muncie public housing complex.
The Star Press reports (http://tspne.ws/12OvCwD ) the 38-year-old Markle man says the questioning by the officers delayed his transfer by ambulance to a Muncie hospital, resulting in significant blood loss that caused a surgeon to perform emergency surgery on him without anesthetic.
Muncie Mayor Dennis Tyler and deputy police chief Mark Vollmar said Tuesday they had not seen the claim, which typically precedes the filing of a lawsuit.
Information from: The Star Press, http://www.thestarpress.com